About the Vendo 90
The Vendo 90 is the middle brother of the Vendo 63 and the Vendo 126, both amazing machines that had their perks. The Vendo 90, though, is a very reliable and popular machine that is preferred to the V-126 due to its smaller size, but still not as preferred as the V-63, which is the smallest of them all. With a capacity to vend up to 90 6 and ½ oz bottles, and pre-cool up to 16, this is the perfect middle path to take when it comes to square-top machines from the 60s. Production started in the early 60s and lasted nearly a decade, making this machine very popular and rather easy to find, which is why collectors usually didn’t mind it. Nowadays though, they’ve started to pick up traction because other older machines are in short supply.
- The Vendo 90 is the middle child between the V-63 and the V-126 and was aimed at small and medium locations. It’s among the first square-top models made, and just like its sister machines, you can find it in different variations.
- The most common variations are the two paint schemes of white and red and the wood grain model. However, you can find that it had Pepsi and 7-Up variations as well, making it a very easy-to-find machine.
- The Vendo 90 is one of the most modern-looking square-top machines made in 1960, but it’s the smallest of them all. It was also one of the first to have luminescent light bulbs both on the top.
- As its name states, it can hold up to 90 bottles, of sizes between 8oz and 12oz.
- They have light in the form of a lite up panel that reads “Drink Coca-Cola” at the top of the machine and also in the glass bottle door, replacing the top 12” white paint used in older, rounder models.
- The glass bottle door shows the 10 types of drinks the machine could vend.
- One of the advantages of this machine was the Coinco coin system, which could be adapted to any price between .05 and $1.55, and had an easy-to-operate coin-retrieving system on the inside.
Vendo 90 Specs:
- Vends: 90 bottles of sizes of up to 12 oz.
- Pre-cools: 16 bottles.
- Operation: Electric/automatic bottle release system.
- Size: 22 ½” deep, 27 ½” wide, 64” tall.
- Weight: 410lbs.