About the Vendo 81
The Vendo 81 is a highly desired classic vending machine. The Vendo 81 comes in four similar models, aptly titled Vendo 81A, B, C, and D. The significant differences between them are the size of the coin door, size of embossed lettering, color scheme, and logo placement. The Vendo 81 holds 81 bottles in nine different rows, allowing the ability to have multiple types of beverages if desired.
You can buy parts for the Vendo 81 here
Vendo 81 Models
- It was made in 4 highly sought-after models 81A, 81B, 81C, and 81D.
- The A, or V-81A, version was all red with white Coca-Cola lettering a little off-center on the main door. Another identifying feature of the 81A is the bottle opener had a green ‘medallion’ on it, which was later switched to clear & white for the other models. It was the only style made in year one of production. This is the least common of all 4 versions.
- The Vendo 81B has a smaller coin door like the A but has a white top, and the Drink Coca Cola Logo is centered on the door in red letters.
- The Vendo 81C is the rarest. It looks like the A with a solid red door and white lettering, but it has a more prominent logo like the B does.
- The Vendo 81D has a larger coin door with a white top and larger red Coca-Cola lettering (similar to the B, C, and D models).
- The Vendo brand only was done in Coke, but the VMC 81 was made in Pepsi, 7-Up, Dr. Pepper, and Royal Crown (very hard to find).
Vendo 81 Specs:
- First manufactured in 1957
- Dimensions: 27″ x 16″ x 58″ tall
- Weight- About 275 lbs empty
- Has a glass bottle door on the left side. Small light inside illuminates the product.
- Capacity: up to 81 bottles (9 rows with nine bottles each)
- 17 additional bottles can fit into the refrigerated storage area below that will remain chilled until ready to be loaded onto the shelves,
- Has the ability to vend different types of beverages due to the other rows.
- The front of the machine has a bottle opener with a cap collection.